SERVICE ONE’S Australian Privacy Principles Policy
SERVICE ONE’s approach to information privacy
SERVICE ONE is party to a strategic alliance with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited (Bendigo Bank) ACN 068 049 178 AFSL/Australian Credit Licence 237879, under which SERVICE ONE acts as agent of Bendigo Bank. As a result, personal information provided to SERVICE ONE may be shared with Bendigo Bank, and other third party providers.
The privacy of your personal information is important to SERVICE ONE. We are committed to respecting your right to privacy and protection of your personal information. You should read this Policy to understand how SERVICE ONE will deal with your personal information.
Collection of personal information
SERVICE ONE collects personal information to enable it (and its principal, Bendigo Bank) to determine whether to provide financial services, banking products, credit products or other services to Members of SERVICE ONE, or other persons.
When it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information from you directly. If we collect your personal information from someone else (e.g. your doctor or a health professional, your accountant or a credit reporting agency), we will take reasonable steps to first, tell you why we consider the information is critical and obtain your consent to collect the information from the third party.
SERVICE ONE and Bendigo Bank are required under some laws or Codes of Practice to collect your personal information. If you proceed to obtain a product or service through us, or from us, you will not be able to use a pseudonym.
In some instances if we do not collect your personal information from you, or a third party, or you do not permit us to share your information as outlined in this Policy, we may be unable to provide you with the product or service, or products or services, you request. Unless you advise us otherwise we consider that the consent that you have given to the collection and disclosure of your personal information continues while ever you obtain products or services from, or through, SERVICE ONE.
Personal information we collect and hold
SERVICE ONE may collect and hold any or a combination of the following types of information. Such as:
- Contact details
- Employment details, including salary details
- Marital and family details
- Bank Account(s) details
- Assets and liabilities
- Details of investments and superannuation
- Details of insurance policies
- Details of estate planning arrangements
- Health information
- Professional service providers (e.g. your doctor, legal adviser, and accountant)
- Tax File Number
Also, we keep any correspondence we have with you, you provide to us, or provided to us by a third party in relation to the service you seek or obtain from us, and retain security footage imagery which may identity an individual.
It is important that your personal information collected by SERVICE ONE is accurate, complete and kept up-to-date. Where we believe that personal information that we hold requires correction, we will take reasonable steps to correct it. You can assist us in this task by advising us when any of your personal information changes. You may also request that we correct the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the details set out below, and we will endeavour to assist you.
Sometimes, we use our website to collect information about visitors to the site through the use of "cookies".
A "cookie" is a packet of information that allows the server (the computer that houses the website) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. When you use our website, we send you a cookie that gives you a unique identification number.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screens to learn more about these functions. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use our website.
To evaluate the effectiveness of our website advertising, we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal data is collected on these occasions.
Purposes for which personal information is collected, held or disclosed
Any information about you may be used for any or a combination of the following primary or secondary purposes:
- To assess and process your application to acquire, continue to acquire or discontinue any financial, banking or risk management products and services we provide, or we provide on behalf of a third party.
- To execute your instructions.
- To obtain further information about you from a third party (including a credit reporting agency and other financial institution) and to give information about you to the third party.
- To comply with legislative and regulatory requirements under various laws including, but not limited to, Anti-money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism, taxation laws and credit legislation.
- To manage rights and obligations in relation to external payment systems.
- To manage any requirements or processes under our Constitution or the law.
- To conduct direct marketing or market or customer satisfaction research.
- To develop, establish and administer alliances and other arrangements (including rewards programs) with other organisations in relation to the promotion, administration and use of our respective products and services.
- To develop and identify products and services that may interest you.
- To allow us to respond to questions or enquiries on a public platform (such as social media), where it would not be appropriate to give an answer within that platform.
In general, we will not disclose the personal and sensitive information we collect from or on you to a third party without your consent. We may, however, disclose that you have not met a payment obligation to us, or to a credit provider where we are acting on behalf of, or have committed a serious credit infringement to a credit reporting agency.
With your consent, it may be necessary to disclose some or all of your personal information to the following third parties:
- credit reporting agencies, debt collecting agencies or electronic identity service providers - SERVICE ONE and Bendigo Bank use the services of VEDA Advantage and Dun and Bradstreet for credit reporting and electronic verification purposes - VEDA and Dun and Bradstreet may include information about you in reports which assist in assessing your credit worthiness
- financial institutions, particularly Bendigo Bank
- mortgage insurers used by us and reinsurers of any mortgage insurer
- our agents, contractors and external advisers (including Cuscal Limited ("Cuscal)) whom we engage from time-to-time to carry out, or advise on, our functions and activities
- your agents and contractors, including your finance broker, legal adviser, financial adviser, builder and settlement agent
- your executor, administrator, trustee, guardian or attorney
- your referees, including your employer
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts
- any person who introduces you to us
- other organisations (including Bendigo Bank) that we have alliances or arrangements with (including rewards programs) for the purpose of promoting our respective products and services, and any agents used by us and our business partners in administering such an arrangement or alliance
- anyone supplying goods or services to you in connection with a rewards program associated with a facility
- external payment systems operators
- your insurers or prospective insurers and their underwriters
- your sureties and guarantors and prospective sureties and guarantors
- an organisation proposing to fund the acquisition of, or to acquire, any interest in any obligation you may owe us (whether under a loan, guarantee or security) or we may owe you, that organisation's agents, persons involved in assessing the risks and funding of the acquisition and, after acquisition, the purchaser and any manager
- any person to the extent necessary, in our view, in order to carry out any instruction you give to us, and
- our legal advisers.
We will not use or disclose information collected from or about you other than for a purpose we have made known to you unless the disclosure is:
- required by law - for example, we will disclose your personal information if we receive a request from a Government Department (including the Australian Tax Office, Centrelink, Australian Securities and Investments Commission, Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre and Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority) to disclose information about your situation to them, and
- is authorised by law - for example, if it is necessary to protect or defend our interests or where we have a duty to the public to disclose.
Some of the organisations we disclose your personal information and credit-related personal information to may be located overseas. Where an organisation is located overseas we will either take reasonable steps to ensure that it complies with Australian privacy laws or we will seek your consent to the disclosure.
SERVICE ONE undertakes not to sell, rent or trade your personal information.
How we hold your personal information
Your personal information is generally held in a paper based Member or customer file and/or in a computer database.
Access is restricted to authorised SERVICE ONE staff or officers of Bendigo Bank if the product is issued or supplied by Bendigo Bank and it is only accessed for lawful or previously disclosed purposes. Some information is stored at secure off-site facilities controlled by third parties.
Information held electronically is protected by firewalls, encryption devices or passwords.
SERVICE ONE is required to retain information for a minimum period of seven (7) years after we cease to provide you with services. After that time we will take all steps practicable to destroy or permanently "de-identify" your personal information if it is no longer needed for the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You can access your personal information held by SERVICE ONE by contacting SERVICE ONE or writing to our Privacy Officer as detailed below.
If you believe the information that we hold on you is incorrect you can seek to have it corrected.
You can also request a credit reporting business not to disclose your credit reporting information if you have reasonable grounds to believe that you have been, or are likely to be, a victim of fraud.
You may at any time advise us that you do not wish to receive any direct marketing communication from us. You may notify us in person at any Branch or notify us in writing using any of the contact details listed below.
Postal address: Locked Bag 1 DEAKIN ACT 2600
Email: Phone: 1300 361 761
Fax: (02) 6215 7171
If you are not happy with our internal privacy complaints resolution procedure, you may take your complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner, whose contact details are:
The Privacy Commissioner
Level 8, Piccadilly Tower
133 Castlereagh Street SYDNEY NSW 2000
Postal Address: GPO Box 5218 SYDNEY NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
Fax: (02) 9284 9666
Please note hardcopies of this Policy are available from any SERVICE ONE Branch.
|More Information||Contact Us|