Do Good Awards - nominations now open
The Do Good Awards are all about acknowledging those who make a significant contribution that has improved the lives of Members and/or those in our local community.
There are two categories up for grabs:
- Do Good Award - Community
- Do Good Award - Alliance Bank Staff
Why is recognition important?
We all try to do good everyday. Acknowledging and sharing exceptional actions and behaviours and great community outcomes promotes the type of values and culture we want to foster. Importantly it lets those people who are prepared to make an extra effort to go above and beyond expectations know that we appreciate them and the difference they make within our lives, our Members' lives and our communities.
One winner in each of the categories will be awarded and receive their choice of:
- one night’s accommodation and dinner for two in their closest capital city valued at $750, OR
- a $750 gift certificate.
Nominees will have:
- made a significant contribution that has improved the lives of Members and/or those in our local community, and/or
- be recognised as a role model by their peers, Members and/or community.
You can nominate yourself or someone else.
Submissions are made by completing and submitting an online form (link below). You may like to prepare your answers beforehand (the questions are below) and then copy and paste answers into the online form and submit.
Nominations will close COB Thursday 12 October 2017.
There are four questions to answer as part of the online submission process. They are:
- Why are you nominating yourself or this person for a Do Good Award?
- How has the nominee positively impacted the lives of others?
- Outline the contribution made.
- Were there any obstacles to be overcome?
How it works
Nominate yourself, a colleague or a member of your local community, complete the form and submit it online. Nominees will be notified by their local Alliance Bank to ensure they are happy being nominated and to share their story.
|Nominations close||Thursday 12 October 2017|
|Nominees published on Alliance Bank website||Thursday 26 October 2017|
|Finalists notified||Thursday 16 November 2017|
|Winners announced||Thursday 1 February 2018|
Consideration of the following should be taken into account in preparing your nomination(s):
- nature of the person’s achievement(s)
- impact the person has had and the difference they have made to Members' lives and/or to the local community
- obstacles, if any, that they have overcome as part of their achievement
- contribution to development of the community, and
- degree of difficulty of the achievement and sacrifices made.
- Nominees can be employed by a mutual company operating as an Alliance Bank or be a member of their local Alliance Bank community.
- People can self nominate or nominate others.
- An individual can only nominate himself or herself or another individual once, however there is no limit on the number of individuals a person nominates.
- Current Board members of mutuals operating as an Alliance Bank and local politicians are ineligible.
- A person cannot receive a second award in the same award category in subsequent years.
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years.
- Groups of people or couples will not normally be eligible though in exceptional cases the Awards Committee reserves the right to consider such nominations.
- Awards will not be granted posthumously.
- Finalist and winners agree to have their story told and photos shared across all media channels.