Assistance Beyond Crisis microfinance program
The Assistance Beyond Crisis (ABC) microfinance program offers interest free loans for people who have experienced and left a domestic or family violence situation.
The loans provide immediate financial assistance where no other options are available, and can include finance for:
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- have experienced and left a domestic violence situation
- live or work in the ACT or surrounding NSW region
- have a moderate income (approximately $50k - $100k per annum)
How much can be borrowed
Up to a maximum of $5k can be borrowed (depending on income and repayment capacity) and a maximum loan term of 3 years applies.
A referral form must be completed and submitted prior to making an appointment. These are available from Community Service Agencies who work with DV clients, EAP providers, and allied health services or medical professionals.
Forms can be downloaded from the Care website or you can call the ABC worker on (02) 6257 1788 for more information.
Donating to the program
If you would like to make a donation to the ABC program you just need to follow the below 2 steps:
1. transfer the funds from your Internet banking facility using the below details:
BSB: 801-009 (SERVICE ONE Alliance Bank)
Account No.: 100038579
Account Name: CARE Inc. trading as CARE
Please make a note of your transaction/receipt number.
2. complete the ABC Donation form so we can track your donation and issue you with a receipt for taxation purposes (donations of $2 or more are tax deductible).
The ABC program is managed by Care Inc. with support from SERVICE ONE.
Find out more about the ABC program, including the various partners supporting the initiative.